Get Your Degree In
Imagine. Create. Animate.
Want to level up your animation skills?
At The Los Angeles Film School, you can get Our Bachelor of Science Degree in Animation either at our Hollywood campus on Sunset Boulevard or 100% online.
With concentrations in Game Art, Visual Effects, Character Animation, and Environment and Character Design, you have the power to tailor your path to match your interests. Whether you’re all about creating immersive game worlds or bringing characters to life with personality-packed animation, we’ve got you covered.
The Student Experience
Our immersive degree programs offer a dynamic curriculum tailored to nurture your talents and equip you with the skills needed to succeed in the ever-evolving animation industry.
Study at our Hollywood campus, and pick a focus on either Visual Effects or Game Art. Get creating movie-quality effects with our Visual Effects option, or if games are more your vibe, learn all about creating 3D environments and characters and merging them into your very own gaming worlds.
With our 100% online option you can choose to focus on either Environment & Character Design, Visual Effects, or Character Animation.
Depending on which path you choose, you’ll learn: compositing, digital painting & sculpting, virtual production, texturing and shading, art creation for games, lighting and rendering, character rigging, animation for games, environment modeling and & more!
YOUR ANIMATION TECHKIT®
Fuel your creative journey with the right tools! We equip you with everything you need to bring your ideas to life, no matter where inspiration strikes.
- Wacom Cintiq 16 & Stand: Craft stunning visuals directly on-screen with this pressure-sensitive pen display and ergonomic stand.
- MSI 17.3 I9 Laptop & Bag: Tackle demanding projects with a powerful laptop and carry it comfortably wherever you go.
- 4TB G-Tech ArmorATD Hard Drive: Store your creations safely and securely with ample storage space.
- Alienware Gaming Mouse: Enhance your precision and control with a high-performance mouse.
- Logitech Headphones: Immerse yourself in your work with clear audio quality.
- Maxon One: Access a suite of industry-leading 3D animation tools, including Cinema 4D and Red Giant.
- Nuke: Master advanced compositing and VFX techniques with this powerful software.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Unlock a world of creative possibilities with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and more.
- MS Office: Manage your projects and stay organized with essential productivity tools.
- ArtStation Pro: Showcase your work and connect with the creative community on this leading platform.
- SynthEyes: Accurately track and matchmove objects in your scenes.
- Marvelous Designer: Create realistic and dynamic clothing simulations.
- Houdini: Explore endless possibilities with this versatile node-based 3D software.
- SketchFab: Publish and share your 3D creations online with ease.
*Specific types of gear and gear info subject to change without notice.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
We understand that higher education is an investment, and we’re committed to helping you navigate your options. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify, and can include federal and private student loans, military benefits, grants and scholarships. Our dedicated Financial Aid team can help guide you through the process.
Wondering where a degree from The Los Angeles Film School can take you?
At The Los Angeles Film School, our committed Career Development team doesn’t just guide you, they champion you. From resume writing and interview prep to internships and industry connections, we’re with you every step of the way, helping you navigate the exciting and challenging path to success.
Did you know? Oscar®-winning sound designer Phillip Bladh started his journey right here. Join our legacy of alumni who have worked on Oscar®-winning films, GRAMMY®-nominated albums, and multi-platinum records.
Ready to take that first step? Fill out the form and discover more about our career support, the incredible success stories of our alumni, and how your journey in the entertainment industry starts right here.
Classes Start Soon. Fill out the form to begin your journey!
By submitting this form, you give The Los Angeles Film School and its partner schools (Full Sail University and RMCAD) your consent to contact you via phone, email and/or text using automated technology at the information above, including your wireless number, if provided, regarding educational services. Please note that you are not required to provide this consent to receive educational services.